Pretty Little Pouch

I’ve been gone a long time. I’m sorry! It is summer and I have been busy with this:
DSC_1212
DSC_1211

and this
DSC_1205

Yes, that is me unpicking the quilting on an entire quilt. Boo. I just couldn’t stand the thread color, though, so out it came.

And, I managed to complete my pretty little pouch, and even on time, too! I went with a little Heather, some Denyse, and then I just raided my itty-bitty scrap basket. Man, I love that basket. I think I would rather have scraps than yardage. you?

Anyway, here is my pretty little pouch:
DSC_1220

I need a better picture of it, but I had just fallen in a swamp and my heart wasn’t really in the photo session. Swamp pictures to follow (if they aren’t too embarrassing)

And, PS: I am really back, like for reals, and I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on summer breaks and bad bloggers, k?

And PPS: I really like the way binding looks on a spool. Thanks, Amy, for the idea!
DSC_1210

This entry was posted in Swaps. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Pretty Little Pouch

1. 1
    Colleen says:

I blame Amy for a lot of things! Welcome back, your uch is adorable.

2. 2
    Alli says:

Your little pouch is adorable! Your scrap basket is full of treasures! :)

3. 3
    Sue. says:

Ummmm, where’s the swamp pic? At least the project and your camera were not damaged! I had an iPod and fell in a hole in Mission Bay, CA…not fun! Your pouch is lovely!

4. 4
    Susan says:

I do the same with my binding! Also put it on a spool. Cant wait to see more pictures of this hoop bag! Good job, im sure your partner will love it.

5. 5
    Gill says:

Love the pouch!
    Looking forward to the swamp pictures!

6. 6
    Jamie says:

That is definitely a pretty little pouch! I love it! I also love my little bitty scraps, too!

7. 7
    sukie says:

I have tons of binding on spools! LOL thanks for the shout out though. You better come to the next meeting or I’ll have to knock your door down!

8. 8
    Jacey says:

I wish I could have enjoyed some of that salmon!
    Your PLP pouch is adorable. Love it!

9. 9

LOVE the pouch, and sorry I missed the Salmon supper! YUM!

Great tip on the binding and the spool- I will have to remember that.

10. 10
    Cindy Sharp says:

That salmon dinner looks delicious.

“Frogging” a whole quilt top…oh I’d be in tears…but you have to do what seems right for the quilt. Maybe next time it will speak a little more clearly about what it wants.

Your little pouch is very pretty. I’m so glad it didn’t get ruined in the swamp.

11. 11
    Cindy Sharp says:

So, I’m back again….had to say, I love this font. Reminds me of a real type writer….yes, I’m old enough to have learned to type on one. Shhhh, don’t tell.